Hair color has been around for many years, and whether you want to add highlights, cover the gray, or change your hair color entirely, a talented hair colorist is key. Healthy hair is always in style, but hair color trends change and the following are some of the top trends in hair color for 2021.
- Cooler Shades. Cooler tones reflect less light so regrowth will appear less noticeable. Brunettes will see cooler shades with ashy undertones rather than warm tones, and ash browns will continue in 2021.
- Solid Colors. A popular trend includes less blended colors and more solid colors like browns, reds, blondes, and blacks with much more muted tones and more focus on shine and gloss.
- Bold Colors. Bold color will continue with styles like blond on the top and dark on the ends but be warned that this trend needs a lot of upkeep with root touchups and glossing treatments.
- Shadow Roots. Dark roots blending into lighter ends is not only on trend but lower maintenance, allowing for more time between visits to the salon.
- Highlights at the Part Line. Bold highlights at the part line in the front brighten the face without the need for a full head of highlights. This style is relatively low maintenance as long as you maintain the color before it fades.
- Hazelnut. Those with naturally dark hair may be interested in hazelnut brown for an easy color update. A mixture of cool and warm tones offers a more natural, shiny look with a lot of dimension.
If you are looking for an update in hair color and would like to make an appointment with one of our expert hair colorists, please give us a call today at Salon Povera!