Our Covid-19 Policy
- We’re reopening with updated hours and a revised service menu—we’ll look at adding additional services in the future. We will be open 7 days a week with reduced staffing to keep the place quiet and comfortable, not to mention safe.
- We’ve staggered our appointments and reorganized our stations. That way, we can minimize contact between each client and allow for 10′ to 12′ feet of social distancing, when needed.
- We’ve decided not to update our pricing to cover our additional cleaning, sanitation, and supplies to keep you and our staff safe. Keeping it clean is part of life!!
- We’re no longer taking walk-ins to ensure our waiting area is safe and social distancing guidelines are followed.
- We have a new intake and checkout process. In order to ensure continued safety of employees and customers, we have established safety protocols and respectfully request your cooperation to adhere to these protocols. PLEASE BE KIND. If you disagree with the guidelines presented to US by the State Board, then by all means, direct anger at them. We are all in to play by the rules so we can be open and y’all can have fabulous hair!
- If you have had contact or exposure to someone with COVID-19 or have a cough, fever, or shortness of breath, we ask that you remain at home and come back after a minimum of two weeks. We will be more than happy to reschedule you.
- All customers are required to wear a face covering of some kind, preferably one that does not restrict access to your hair. If you do not have a face mask, a clean washable/reusable one can be provided for you upon request for free and must be returned at checkout for cleaning. if you prefer a paper mask, we have them for $2.
- No customers allowed in waiting area, please remain in your vehicle and we will contact you when we are ready. Just arrive on time or just before. Call if you want to let us know, (919) 864-8938.
- No additional guests are allowed in the salon during your appointment unless they are also receiving a service.
- We will be screening for fever by taking every client’s temperature prior to entry and service. Anyone with a temp above 100°F will be denied entry and service and will have to wait two weeks before rescheduling. Employees will be required to wear cloth face coverings and will have their temperatures taken prior to beginning their shift.
- We strongly encourage all of our customers to use credit card or debit card as mode of payment to limit exposure through cash
- Every other station will be left vacant to allow for social distancing. Stations that are used will be disinfected before/after every client. Basically 10′ to 12′ between stations and shampoo areas.
- Avoid loud talks and laughs.
- Restrooms are for emergencies only: if you gotta go, then yes please! We will be cleaning regularly throughout the day. Please treat the loo like you would at home.
- If it has been a prolonged period since you have had an appointment due to COVID-19, your stylist may need to use extra product, which could result in an extra charge. It will be quoted before, so you have the choice.
Though we will do our best to notify everyone, we reserve the right to make changes to these protocols and policies at any time, especially to stay in compliance with local health and CDC guidelines.
Visit our full-service hair salon and start loving your hair again!
Do you love your hair? If not, what do you want to change? Let us help you make that change at Salon Povera! Whether you want a low-maintenance style that frees up time in the morning, you want to go bold with a new hair color, or you’re ready to try out a new, trendy style, we offer an upgraded salon experience that will make us your new favorite salon in Durham, North Carolina.
What We Offer
Nothing beats that “fresh out of the salon feeling,” and when you visit us, our services make you feel great about your hair from the day of your appointment on! Our stylists will take time to figure out what you want out of your hair and suggest products and services for helping you get there.
We offer everything it takes to help you look and feel your best. Here’s a closer look at some of the services our salon offers:
Cut & Style
What We Can Do
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Erica was amazing! I went in for a trim and a partial highlight and left with the best cut and color of my life. Erica was meticulous with color placement and fun to spend my afternoon with. I definitely recommend her to everyone looking for a new place and stylist.”
“Amazing staff and atmosphere! Best salon I have ever been in! Erika cut my hair and she was amazing and did exactly what I was wanting!”
“Patrick makes the client feel extremely comfortable and relaxed. My wife and daughter both swear by Patrick, and he gives them great reasons to do so. The work is exceptional, the atmosphere is soothing, and they come back home happy. If I had hair, Patrick would cut it.”
“ got my haircut by Tricia and it was awesome! She’s so personal and knows how to make it a great experience. I’m definitely coming back to see her”
We’d Love to Hear from You
Our team features talented, expertly trained stylists and professionally certified industry educators. Not only can you expect the best from our team, but our actual salon is also housed in a relaxing, green space studio where you can feel pampered and relaxed every time you come in.
If your hair could use some love, come and visit us at Salon Povera! Book your next appointment with us today and discover why we’re Durham’s premier hair salon.