While it might seem like haircuts for men are fairly straightforward, there are many instances in which haircuts for men have been rather complex and complicated, some with more success than others! Here at Salon Povera, we have seen quite a lot during our time behind the chair, and we are here to share with you some haircuts for men that are more controversial than others. Think fondly about a time when you might have had some of the following haircuts:
- The Mullet. Ah, the mullet. Who hasn’t thought that the mullet was the ultimate in multi-tasking at one point? With “business in the front and party in the back” the mullet is a haircut that does both jobs poorly.
- The Man Bun. This style is meant to give the appearance of ease and convenience. Some people love it, some hate it. Which camp are you in?
- The Side Sweep. With longer locks all-over and side-swept over the face, this haircut shows off your luxurious and flowing locks with the major downside of you needing to flip your hair out of your face every ten to fifteen seconds.
- The Spikes. On a little boy or teenager, spikes are totally normal and a fun way to play with style. On a grown man, however, they can look a bit out of place (and not the good kind of “sharp”)!
- The Frosted Tips. Spikes and frosted tips go hand in hand, and can remind us of a time when boy bands were all the rage!
It’s fun to look back on some of these haircuts for men; whether you had one of these styles yourself or have teased someone you know for having one! If you’d like to change your look, please come into Salon Povera today.